Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Dragonfly

The Dragonfly  14x18 oil on linen

I have been having some fun adding the element of "little critters" to my recent paintings.  I've added a hummingbird to one, some butterflies to another and now a dragonfly...  It is like bringing a bit more of nature into the mix.  I really like it and will continue to work more on this path. 
 I know I'm a bit inexperienced at painting these things but I hope it will get a bit easier as I continue to do more of it. 
I hope you like the inclusion of these little bits of life!

While researching the dragonfly I learned some very interesting facts about them....did you know a Dragonfly can fly up to 35 mph?  They can hover for up to a minute and fly in any direction including backwards?  The government is studying the dragonfly because they believe them to be the best example for creating a flying drone!  Oh, and they also eat mosquitos!!  Certainly a creature worth admiring!


2 comments:

  1. Who knew a dragonfly could be so beautiful?! You constantly amaze me with all of your beautiful paintings!

    ReplyDelete