Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Cactus    20x16 o/c

Yesterday I struggled with this piece.  I started it in the morning but I hadn't slept well the night before and I just could not concentrate.  Nothing was going right and I was really impatient.  After a few hours I gave it up and  took a seista.....:)   I came back a couple hours later, picked up the brushes and completed the painting.  It is just amazing to me to see how important your frame of mind is to your painting.  It is "fun" to paint, in a matter of speaking, but it is hard work too.  Hard work that requires a lot of focus.  A bit like golf, maybe.  Not many artists are born with a "silver brush", (to coin a phrase) in their mouth.  It takes hard work and real dedication to become good at it.  I'm still working at it.
Thanks for viewing my art!  I appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment